WhatsApp Automation: 7 Powerful Use Case For Your Business
Automate customer interactions, enhance response time, and drive sales with our range of features including WhatsApp shop notifications, chatbots, broadcast messaging, team inbox, offline bots, and analytics dashboard.
Today, WhatsApp has become the no.1 platform for instant communication. The business version of the app has transformed the way businesses communicate with customers. The WhatsApp business platform has made it easy for customers to reach out to their favourite brands and find solutions to their problems, without having to wait in long queues or make endless phone calls.
WhatsApp has broken down the communication barriers that long existed between businesses and customers. With the launch of WhatsApp Business API, businesses of all sizes get to enjoy its many powerful features such as the shared team inbox, bulk notifications, WhatsApp template messages, and most importantly—WhatsApp automation.
In customer service, speed can make or break customer association with your business. Customers who reach out to your business expect quick responses. Falling short here can cost your business much. ‘’Lack of speed’’ is deemed to be one of the top factors that leave customers unhappy and frustrated.
Following a bad customer experience, 91% of customers leave without any warning, and 47% switch to an alternate brand. How can businesses overcome this woe? The answer lies in WhatsApp Business automation. In this post, we will take you through what WhatsApp automation is and its top use cases in business. Let’s start with the basics.
What is WhatsApp automation?
Automation is integral to the sales and marketing functions of a business where their activities involve sending out bulk messages, alerts, notifications or sharing offers and discounts, or making important announcements. Automation comes in handy when you have a large number of contacts to manage.
In simple terms, WhatsApp Automation is the use of the WhatsApp Business App or WhatsApp Business API to automate conversations with customers. WhatsApp automated messages are pre-set replies to messages received from new or existing customers on WhatsApp. The replies are sent out automatically without needing any human intervention.
This feature gives you the bandwidth to respond to customer messages even outside of business hours. The promptness and efficiency with which customers receive responses from your business are bound to improve their satisfaction and enhance their experience with your brand. WhatsApp automation that is available on the WhatsApp Business app is fairly basic when compared to the advanced capabilities that the WhatsApp Business API offers. The latter is best suited for growing and large enterprises.
Advantages of leveraging WhatsApp Automation
Here are the top benefits of opting for WhatsApp automation:
- It helps your business thrive in a competitive space where quick responses to evolving markets and customer demands are necessary to steer ahead of the competition.
- Automation reduces response time drastically. Your customers seek quick answers, and that is what WhatsApp automation brings to the table.
- With access to WhatsApp Business API, you can run automated marketing campaigns through WhatsApp that allows you to reach out to your target audiences.
- It gives your agents ample time to focus on more pressing issues. WhatsApp business automation frees up valuable time, which your agents can judiciously use to work on more important tasks.
- It improves your conversion rates. Delighted customers are more likely to buy from you and become loyal to your brand. With automated WhatsApp messages, you can effortlessly guide customers down the sales funnel, getting them closer to a purchase.
7 powerful use cases of WhatsApp Automation
Here are the top use cases of WhatsApp automation.
- Welcoming new customers: Automated WhatsApp messages can be used to welcome new customers who have connected with your business. The messages can be sent out as soon as a customer starts a conversation with your team.
- Setting out-of-office or away messages: Away messages are automated messages sent out each time a customer contacts your business beyond its working hours. They act as an acknowledgment, letting customers know that you have received their message and will respond to them shortly. This feature works incredibly to keep customer engagement levels high by ensuring that no customer messages go unnoticed.
- Sending delayed notifications during peak hour: When your chat volumes are high and all your agents are tied up, you can send out automated WhatsApp messages informing customers that you are unable to attend to them immediately but will render the desired service within a stipulated time frame. Customers appreciate honesty and look forward to engaging with brands that are transparent.
- Setting quick replies to answer customer FAQs: This feature helps you tackle customer FAQs with ease. You can create, edit, and save these messages to be sent as a response whenever customers reach out to you with questions that are frequently asked. The messages can be saved for future use, freeing up time for your agents to attend to more important tasks.
- Sharing order tracking details: WhatsApp automation is useful when you want to keep customers informed about the status of their orders. With automated WhatsApp messages, you can inform customers of the whereabouts of their shipments.
- Sending timely reminders: Another popular use case of WhatsApp Business automation is to send notifications and reminders to customers about upcoming events, appointments, tasks that they are yet to perform, or discount offers that they are about to forego. This is a great way to engage with customers and enhance their user experience.
- Sharing discounts and offers: WhatsApp automation can help you share discounts and offers with customers effortlessly. Messages that contain discounts and offers are called promotional messages as they help drive sales. Send automated WhatsApp messages notifying customers of the discounts and offers that are available to them. WhatsApp messages have a high open rate. Active users of the app would prefer receiving promotional messages on WhatsApp rather than on any other channel.
How to set WhatsApp Automation for repetitive queries on ChatDaddy?
You may be receiving tons of messages on customer orders and tracking information. ChatDaddy's rule-based automation will help you take care of these repetitive questions and simplify your workflows. Here’s how:
- Click on the Automation icon shown on the panel to your left. In the drop-down, click Keyword Reply.
- Create a new rule by inserting the trigger conditions.
- Next, choose the reply content you want to send for that specific rule.
- Select the channels where you want to send the message.
- Lastly, click Save to activate the automated replies for the selected channel.
Explore WhatsApp Automation with ChatDaddy
If you are all set to create automated messages on WhatsApp, it’s important to know that YOU DON'T HAVE to get access to WhatsApp Business API. All of the use cases mentioned above can be set through ChatDaddy with your personal WhatsApp!
Book A Free Demo Session today to see how we can help you to transform your business communication on WhatsApp.